Protean Software Alternative
Whether you’re looking for an alternative field service management platform or simply trying to compare Joblogic to Protean Software, we’ve covered several of the key areas in which we differ. Want to learn more? Book a free demo with us today.
Book a free demo with one of our experts
In today’s market, it’s important for service and maintenance companies to become more efficient than their competitors – field management software can offer an ideal solution. Both Protean Software and Joblogic offer systems that cater to the needs of field service businesses. With Joblogic’s powerful web automation features, cloud hosting and fantastic mobile capabilities, it stands as the natural alternative to Protean.
- Starts from £30 per user per month.
- Modern web-based software that is constantly updated and improved to enhance the user’s experience.
- No on-premise server infrastructure required. Simply use your internet connection from any device. This is a very cost-effective option.
- World Class Microsoft Security with infrastructure housed in ISO27001 certified data centres supported and monitored 24/7.
- Mobile App for both iOS and Android downloaded easily from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Easy to work remotely using your browser on any device.
- Protean Software
- Starts from £50 per user per month.
- A desktop platform developed using older technology that offers a more complex user experience.
- Customers must use their own server infrastructure which can be expensive, both for hardware and associated Microsoft SQL licences. Hardware also requires ongoing maintenance.
- Customers are reliant on their own IT security for on-premise servers. More exposure to ransomware, viruses, user error and malicious activity.
- Works on Android only. Installation of the app is not available from the Google Play Store.
- Remote working limited to Terminal Services or Citrix licences.
What Else Does Joblogic Offer?
Real-Time Dynamic Dashboards
Having access to a suite of reports and dynamic dashboards can allow managers to view their KPIs, metrics and analytics at a glance in order to evaluate organisational performance. By honing in on core metrics, managers can trigger better data-driven insights. This, in turn, encourages a culture of incremental improvements.
From job proﬁtability reports and quote projections to highest value customers and engineer productivity, dynamic dashboards can deliver a huge suite of essential management reports.
A Mobile Form Builder
Web-based systems, like Joblogic, can provide users with a custom mobile form builder. This gives managers the freedom to create and publish their own electronic forms in order to meet more specialised compliance measures. Whether companies require forms that cater to niche workﬂows or business processes, there are tools capable of delivering a product that’s entirely bespoke.
Route Scheduling and Optimisation
Joblogic provides users with route planning functionality to ensure that daily work schedules are optimised completely. Managers can assign tasks to nearby team members, reassign jobs to cut down on transit time, and automatically reorder jobs to follow a more eﬃcient route.
While this may only take seconds to manage, it can become invaluable in reducing mileage, increasing eﬃciency, and ﬁtting more proﬁtable work into the day.
Manage communication with customers and keep them updated with alerts. Aside from providing real-time status updates and notifications on job progress, you can also create automatic emails upon completion which includes job reports, photos, service sheets and asset information. Reduce the admin burden by allowing customers to view information at their own leisure instead of waiting for weekly or monthly reports.