Field service management (FSM) software allows companies to provide a more effective on-site service for their customers. They can track requests, manage personnel, and maintain visibility of their operations.
Popular features of field service software include:
- Scheduling and dispatch
- Work order management
- Technician tracking
- Contractor management
- Estimates and billing
- Real-time reporting and analytics
- Online customer portal
Field service management software lets you control your business from all angles. Managers and supervisors are able to allocate workers to the field and monitor their performance. Technicians can use it to find information about their ongoing tasks and optimize the time and resources they have available for each job.
7 Reasons for Field Service Management Software
Streamline Scheduling & Dispatch
Joblogic's powerful planning tools will help you to use resources more effectively and provide a better service for customers. Our field service software lets you:
- View your entire team’s availability at a glance.
- Organize and schedule jobs in a simple, drag-and-drop calendar.
- Dispatch new work orders to a technician’s mobile device in real-time.
- Optimize the routes of your field technicians to focus on urgent tasks. Automatically re-order jobs to help your technicians follow the most efficient route.
- Assign work orders based on a technician’s location and skill-set.
- Manage recurring jobs and plan preventive maintenance work in advance.
Optimize Work Order Management
Field service management software empowers your team to manage their work orders efficiently from start to finish:
- The moment a call is received, a new job can be logged in the system and assigned to a technician immediately.
- Upon receiving a work order assignment, technicians can gain access to all relevant job details via the mobile app. They can also capture and share new information on the go.
- Office staff can monitor the progress of field workers in real-time and view their locations with integrated GPS tracking.
- Managers can assess the costs involved in completing a work order. This includes the cost of labor, parts, materials, and travel. They can also assess the profitability of each job to drive future decision-making.
- Completed work orders can be approved and paid for within minutes by customers. The online client portal gives them real-time access to quotes, invoices and job completion reports.
Turbocharge Your Technicians
Joblogic’s mobile app is the ideal tool for field service staff. It provides a simple set of workflows for technicians to follow, helping them to complete their work with minimal disruption. It also allows your business to go entirely paperless thanks to the real-time sync between the app and back-office. With a mobile app, technicians can:
- Receive new work assignments and job information such as service histories, job sheets, compliance forms and checklists.
- Capture and share new job information on the go. This can include site notes, asset surveys, photos, timesheets, and customer signatures.
- Create new estimates in the field. These can be sent to the back-office for pricing and final approval before sending to a customer.
- Submit parts order requests to office staff.
Control Your Subcontractors
Field service software gives you the tools to manage your entire contractor network. With this, you'll streamline daily workflows, minimize administration, and enhance your customers' experience. Joblogic lets you:
- Dispatch work orders to contractors in real-time.
- Filter them by trade, qualification, and region to select the most suitable technicians.
- Be totally transparent and give contractors access to the information they need. This includes product information, available parts, service contracts, warranty details, and more.
- Receive job completion reports and invoices from contractors as soon as the work’s complete.
Convert More Estimates into Jobs
Service management software lets you turn more quotes into new jobs every day. Joblogic’s customization options make it the ideal tool for winning new contracts with customers. You'll also boost your cash flow by invoicing clients on time as soon as the work's complete. Our software lets you:
- Forecast new estimate proposals using real-time dashboards.
- Send customized, branded estimates to customers in real-time.
- Build new quotes in the office or on the go in the field.
- Automatically convert approved quotes to live jobs and deploy them to your technicians in real-time.
- Turn estimates into invoices without double-data entry.
- Convert single or multiple jobs to invoices in seconds and receive electronic payment from customers as soon as the work's complete.
- Integrate all accounting information with QuickBooks and other popular accounts packages. This saves on time and administration.
Drive Decisions with Real-Time Reports & Dashboards
Joblogic’s customizable dashboards can provide you with invaluable insights on your field service operations. With access to instant live data and KPIs, you’ll be able to visualize business performance at a glance and highlight areas of improvement. You can monitor:
- Critical field service metrics such as first-time fix rate and utilization.
- Contract performance.
- SLAs and real-time compliance.
- Job profitability.
- Technician productivity.
- Quote and estimate forecasts.
Provide Award-Winning Customer Service
A real-time customer portal is key to winning and retaining contracts with big clients. Field service management software can do all the above by giving your customers instant access to their job information and KPIs. Your clients can:
- View job information and status updates in real-time.
- Review past and present work orders.
- Access historical service and maintenance contracts.
- Create new service requests and parts orders online.
- Download and approve new estimates.
- Pay for invoices electronically.
- Receive automated alerts to notify them of appointment reminders.
A self-service portal is ideal for strengthening your reputation as a reliable service provider. Not only this, but it will also cut your administrative burden in half. This frees up time to service more customers per day and complete work orders in record time.