Joblogic Web Updates
- We have added the ability for users to process their own data imports. This should allow greater control for importing data. Also, it should decrease the time it takes for imports to get processed.
- Import functionality has been implemented into Joblogic Web, this can be found in the following places:
- Customer Import (Customer Search Screen)
- Site Import (Customer Detail Screen)
- Site Asset Import (Site Detail Screen)
- Users can now receive notifications – for now, this facility is only used for certain features (Imports, System-Wide Notifications) but we plan to expand upon the functionality of this in the coming months.
Improved Advanced Filters:
- We have made improvements to the Advanced filters sections of all search screens. These include the addition of the “Reset Filter” button and displaying a message when filters are applied. This should make it easier to use these features.
- The top menu bar will now stay fixed to the top of the screen so you can access your notifications and user profile at all times.
- On the Scheduler, we have introduced a new option to hide Completed Visits. This new checkbox and the previous one for hiding Cancelled Visits have been moved to the top of the Scheduler.
- On the Scheduler, we have also updated the Job Search. Now, Open Jobs which have already had an active Visit and Closed Jobs, no longer display in the search list. Scheduling is now improved, with only jobs that require assigning being displayed.
- Within the Customer Notification templates, we have added to option to add the Portal Link into the templates so this can be sent out along with any updates.
- In Quotes, when emailing a Quote out to a customer, this will now correctly update the Quote Status to “Sent”.
- On Manage Company\Detail > System Settings, we have fixed an issue which prevented users from adding decimal values to the Cost Rates.